As a non-native Arabic speaker, ensuring Laylah grows up familiar and fluent with the language is of utmost importance to me. And as Muslims, we recognize it is our obligation to learn what is necessary to fulfill our duties in Islam. I was ecstatic when I first stumbled upon Arabic Seeds. Arabic Seeds provides practical resources to promote early childhood language acquisition and instill a genuine love of the language among families. I’ve collaborated with Emilie from the Arabic Seeds team to provide a spring inspired craft and complimentary English/Arabic activity pack. This is a simple, fun, and interactive way to incorporate Arabic into your children’s daily lives!
Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Bird Watching Binoculars
- Markers and stickers (optional)
- Construction paper (2 x 12 in.)
- String or twine (12 in.; double or triple this length to fit over child’s head and around neck)
- 2, empty toilet paper rolls
- Hot glue
1. Paint toilet paper rolls and allow to dry.
2. Hot glue the rolls together side-by-side.
3. Center and wrap the construction paper around the rolls. Secure with glue. Decorate with markers and stickers (optional).
4. Glue one end of the string/twine to the outside end of one toilet paper roll. Glue the other end of the string to the outside end of the other toilet paper roll.
5. Peer through!
Don't forget your FREE printable English & Arabic Bird Activity Pack to compliment this craft!
This activity pack includes: a bird journal, basic bird parts identification in English and Arabic, six common bird cards with accompanying video file (children can match the sound of the bird with the correct picture), general bird information in English and Arabic.
*Please note, your freebie will be sent in two e-mails (one containing PDF files and the other containing the video file).
English / Arabic Bird Pack
Tell us where to send your freebie?